|Real Estate Information|
How to Become a Successful Real Estate Developer
Real estate investment and development has never been a more popular pastime or career changing challenge; if you would like to learn seven secrets for consistently successful real estate investing through development or you would like to know how you can continue to profit from property even if the market takes a downward turn just read on?
1) Do Your Location Homework - did you know that through successful and sustained location research professional property investors actually continue to profit during a market down turn? It's true - whatever the market conditions you can apply their location research approach to your real estate investments and also make consistent profits from property.
Take the necessary time to learn all about a town or city you're considering for your next property development purchase and discover where the up and coming areas of that town are likely to be. If there are inner-city redevelopment projects planned examine the real estate market in the immediate vicinity, if there are areas that are booming right now examine the immediate neighbouring areas for their potential for future prices rises for example.
Don't follow the crowd - have the confidence to buck the trend and get ahead of the curve by positioning yourself in a market that is about to boom rather than in one that has already blossomed.
2) Know What You Can Afford - While it can pay to sometimes speculate never be tempted to jeopardise your own home. Work out your finances and be ruthlessly strict about what you can and cannot afford as a down payment, for mortgage costs and for the renovation and redevelopment of your next real estate investment. Only proceed within the confines of your tightly allocated budget and do not be tempted to over extend yourself particularly if competition in the property market is tough and the market is slow or stagnant.
3) Identify Your Target Market - Having identified your next location for property investment identify the types of people who buy into renovated properties in that location. Know who your target market are going to be and what they are likely to look for in a property in that location. If for example you're examining inner-city spaces you might identify that your buyers will be young single professionals and that the ideal property type for these people will be luxury low maintenance apartments - seek out suitable properties with the potential for redevelopment into luxury low maintenance apartments and you will fulfil your target market's brief?seek out large houses with substantial gardens in the area and you will have totally missed the market and potentially created a property that will not sell!
4) Renovation Not Rebuild - Know your budget limits and your personal skill restrictions. Do not consider taking on a property that is in need of a complete structural overhaul when your budget is tight or you do not personally have the time, skills or inclination to do the structural work yourself. Be realistic about what you and your budget can achieve and seek properties that fulfil that brief. Pay to have an independent and complete survey done on any property you are seriously considering buying before making a down payment to ensure that there are no hidden surprises waiting for you beneath the floorboards to eat up your budget in its entirety.
5) Manage Your Budget - With your survey in hand you can approach builders for quotations and seek out prices for fixtures, fittings, finishings and furnishings. Take the prices quoted and sourced and build your budget. Factor in ongoing mortgage and service costs and labour costs as well as your findings and structure and allocate your money accordingly. Watch every single spend and be ruthlessly strict with yourself and your builder. If at all possible have your builder commit to a contract with fixed finish dates and fees and stay on top of every single penny or cent every single day. At the end of each week tally up your outgoings and expenditure and ensure you're not exceeding your budget. If you're overspending rein it in or you will have to shave it off other areas of the development. Remember never to scrimp and save on finishing touches and always give yourself a realistic fall back fund in case of emergencies.
6) Appeal To The Widest Market - Forget putting your personal stamp on any property you develop - YOU are not going to be living in the property! You should already have identified your target market which will give you a good idea of the level and quality of finish expected, now meet those expectations without adding your own personal taste into the equation. By appealing to the widest market or the lowest common denominator your property will be attractive to the majority of buyers making it faster and easier to sell on and profit from.
7) Make Friends With A Real Estate Agent - Your greatest ally when developing property will be your real estate agent. Make friends with these guys and you will build a beautiful and successful symbiotic relationship in which you both profit to the maximum! Real estate agents are a fountain of untapped knowledge about the local market, who is looking for what property in which area, which additional features cost little to add but which push up the asking price and what a buyer expects from your particular property type. Get the facts from your real estate agent and then apply their advice. You will create a property they can market for top dollar and to the widest market - you will make more profit and they will make a bigger commission ensuring a beautiful and lasting friendship!
Finally, remember that when you've bought, renovated and sold on you'll be looking for that next property opportunity and any real estate agent who you've worked well with will be on the hunt for suitable real estate for your next investment making any subsequent purchases that much easier to source.
Rhiannon Williamson is a freelance writer whose many articles about international property and investing in real estate abroad have appeared in publications around the world. Visit this link to read her latest articles aboutProperty in Dubai
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Greenberg Traurig's European Real Estate Team Guides Record-Breaking Investments in Vibrant Dutch Real Estate ... - PR Newswire (press release)
Farm Expired Listings For Big Commissions
Many real estate agents begin and sometimes sadly end their careers without a plan. And as the saying goes, failing to plan is as good as planning to fail.
Where Does Your Real Estate Commission Fee Go - Why is The Commission so HIGH?
Many who have bought and sold properties through Realtors numerous times; even many real estate agents themselves, don't know where the commission money goes. After all, when a property sells for hundreds of thousands of dollars and the commission is tens of thousands of dollars, it seems like there is a terrific amount of money charged as commission -- and there is.
Making a First Impression When Selling Your Home
So you've decided to take advantage of the booming real estate market and put your house up for sale. As you know, buying a house is the most important purchase a consumer can make.
Negotiating A Short Sale - The High Road to Huge Foreclosure Profits
Buying foreclosures can be extremely profitable for real estate investors. However, most of these homeowners are mortgaged to the hilt.
Mortgage Broker Training: How to Secure Loyalty From Realtors
So you've just returned to your office after delivering an Oscar worthy presentation to a real estate agent. They're impressed and ready to do business with you.
San Diego Real Estate
San Diego is home to millions of beautiful apartments, condominiums, and single-family homes. Depending on the type of living arrangement you're looking for, and how much space you'll need, you should look at the appropriate San Diego real estate listings that fit your preferences and budget.
What To Expect In Closing Costs On A Home Purchase
Many are taking advantage of this year's low mortgage rates to purchase a home. Pent up with excitement, many families, who have scrimped and saved for a down-payment, jump for joy when the mortgage lender finally approves their application.
Ten Creative Financing Techniques
Do all the creative financing techniques you hear about really work? Yes, actually. They probably have all worked somewhere for someone at least once.
How Home Buyer Rebates Work
In today's tight housing market, many buyers are looking for ways to stretch their dollars far enough to make that dream home a reality. One little-known strategy that's gaining popularity with consumers is the home buyer rebate.
Easing Your Way Into Homeownership: A Guide To Low Down Payment Mortgage Programs
There's no question about it: Buying a first home is a big financial commitment. In most cases, a home is the largest single purchase an individual or family will make in a lifetime.
Make Money With Room Rentals
I don't know why I didn't do it sooner, but one day many years ago, I decided to try renting rooms in my home. I was young and single, and had a nice mobile home on small piece of property.
A Possible Bargain: Foreclosed Properties
In the superheated San Francisco Bay Area property market, foreclosed properties are available at as much as 40% below market value, writes Srini Saripalli.The last few months of a calendar year are considered sluggish for transacting real estate, but Silicon Valley seems to be an exception to this.
Are You Really A Twenty First Century Investor
Today's residential real estate market for investors has become very competitive in most major markets. The vast majority of real estate investing seminars and clubs are encouraging you to search out desperate home owners or distressed properties to be rehabbed.
Whats This about a Housing Bubble?
In his recent testimony, Alan Greenspan warned against the possiblity that we have seen home prices plateau. The bursting of the "bubble" could cause a big hit to the U.
How to Attract Clients in Residential Real Estate
Doesn't it seem like everyone you know has a friend, relative, or acquaintance that is a realtor? How could anyone, especially someone new to the industry, possibly achieve success when faced with this much competition?The answer begins to appear when you consider the following questions:How many licensed real estate agents have the talents required for success in sales?How many have been trained in effective selling techniques?How many know how to prospect effectively?How many know which questions to ask to determine the factors that are most important to each prospect's buying decision?How many take their profession seriously and are willing to put in the effort and hours that are required to build a successful business?How many of them regularly sell multiple houses per month?The 80/20 rule definitely applies to residential real estate. In fact, some statistics suggest the ratio is more like 90/10 (where 90% of home sales are made by just 10% of realtors), with the vast majority of home sales by the top 1%!So, how can a novice realtor attract clients? By building his or her credibility and relationships.
Real Estate for Beginners: Residential Property Taxes
Whenever you own a piece of land, you will be taxed for it. Whether it is commercial property or residential property, there is still a tax to pay, whether it is for a village, town, city, county, or state.
FSBO - Selling Your Home FSBO (for sale by owner) - Is It Worth It?
FSBO, what is it? FSBO means For Sale by Owner, and it's a term that's generally referred to when you're selling your home without soliciting help from a Realtor.FSBO, what's the benefit to you? You'll save thousands of dollars in commissions if you sell your home this way.
11 Different Ways to Participate in The New Millennium Real State Boom
Many parts of the country are going through a real estate boom. In recent reports real estate is showing double digit growth in many parts of the country.
Tax Assessment/Appraisal: How Do I Know What My Home is Worth?
If you are in the home buying or selling market, it's important to understand the difference between tax assessment and appraisal value. Concentrate on the appraisal value because this determines your asking price.
How to Negotiate a Successful Short Sale
Anyone who has ever profited from doing a short sale has also without a doubt had one or two rejected at some point. Guess what? It is just the nature of the beast?As with all types of sales; you're playing a numbers game.
|home | site map|
|© 2006 TIGER MEDIA|